Effluent Treatment Plant is the most effective and technologically advanced treatment system, for treating effluent or waste generated by various establishments such as industries, etc. The various components of the ETP will be determined by the effluent's characteristics, i.e. the type of effluent to be processed. Depending on the quality and quantity of the effluent, different types of ETPs are available.
Let’s understand some concepts about the efficiency of ETPs.
How do you calculate the efficiency of ETPs?
Primary treatment has a removal efficiency of 88% to 98%, secondary treatment has a removal efficiency of 9% to 20%, and tertiary treatment appears to have a minimal concentration. The percent (%) removal efficiency of a specific constituent in an effluent treatment plant, or treatment unit is frequently reported.
Formula for removal efficiency in ETP:
E(%) = (Cin – Cout) × 100 /Cin= (1 – Cout/Cin) × 100
Let’s understand it with an example!
If the influent concentration is 300 mg/L and the effluent concentration is 30 mg/L, the removal efficiency is (300-30)/300 = 0.90 = 90% or (130/300) = 1 0.10 = 0.90 = 90%.
We also have the concept of the remaining fraction, which is given by:
Remaining fraction = 1 − Removed fraction
= 1 − E = CoutCin
For instance, in the example in the paragraph above, Cout/Cin = 30/300 = 0.10 = 10%. Therefore, the plant removes 90% (E = 0.90) of the constituent, and the remaining percentage is 10% (remaining fraction = 0.10), meaning that 10% of the constituent has not been removed.
Despite the global waste crisis, communities are under more pressure than ever to manage water effectively.
Effluent treatment plant operators should conduct regular reviews of the plant effluent treatment performance, to ensure that systems are using the most efficient equipment and technology.
When effluent treatment plants do not function properly, it can be quite costly. Inefficient and antiquated pumping and process equipment, as well as antiquated water management procedures, can result in higher operating expenses and lower revenue, severely affecting a treatment plant's bottom line.
How can we assist?
If you have any questions about wastewater treatment plants or effluent treatment plants, or if you would like to discuss about the calculations of effluent treatment efficiency, please contact the Netsol Water team right away. Our team is an expert in water treatment and can help you tailor a solution to your specific requirements.
We design, manufacture, supply, erect, and commission Effluent Treatment Plants (ETPs) on a turnkey basis, for various types and natures of wastewaters, effluent treatment systems that combine advanced physico-chemical treatment processes with tertiary polishing systems, for the removal of organic, inorganic, oil and grease, heavy metals, and suspended solids.
We collaborate with our clients to design a customized treatment solution that meets your specific requirements, as well as an ongoing service plan to completely maintain your system.
Netsol Water is Greater Noida-based leading water & wastewater treatment plant manufacturer. We are industry's most demanding company based on client review and work quality. We are known as best commercial RO plant manufacturers, industrial RO plant manufacturer, sewage treatment plant manufacturer, Water Softener Plant Manufacturers and effluent treatment plant manufacturers. Apart from this 24x7 customer support is our USP. Call on +91-9650608473, or write us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any support, inquiry or product-purchase related query.