Why is it important to make ZERO WASTE on daily basis?
Living with zero waste has become a prominent environmental goal. Many ways to zero-waste living existsand people of all origins, inspirations, motivators, households and ages are turning to them for various reasons.
Zero-waste is a way of living that tries to reduce detrimental environmental consequences by producing less waste!
Importance of producing Zero Waste on a daily basis
Waste collection at landfill sites and chemical disposal in bodies of water has a direct influence on the quality of the air we breathe, the food we eat, and the water we drink. Every element that enters a human system is tainted with dangerous radicals that should be avoided at all costs. Aside from the health implications, waste mounds have a direct influence on the earth's environment, as it leads to
1. Poor Water and Soil Quality: When waste is put in a landfill, it combines with the soil, degrading its quality and further polluting the subsurface water that we people drink.
2. Increased Air Pollution & Alarming Climate Change: Carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide, methane, ammonia, and other gasses are waste products that are discharged into the open air when waste is discarded. These dangerous chemicals have a devastating impact on the climate, causing ozone layer depletion, temperature rise, glacier melting, floods, and other problems.
3. Negative Impact on Human and Animal Health: People who live near landfills breathe toxic air and drink polluted water. They are afflicted with infectious ailments caused by the ingestion of tainted things.
Steps that can be taken to ensure Zero Waste Lifestyle
· Don't toss out leftovers! Instead, individuals can feed beggars or pets on the street. Malnutrition claims the lives of nearly a million individuals in India.
· To convert the waste into reusable energy, a community can build up a tiny bio-gas plant. These kinds of activities are extremely beneficial in terms of reducing carbon emissions and protecting the environment from air pollution.
· Install Netsol Water Solution's Food Recycler or organic recycler technology, which turns organic waste into compost. In 24-48 hours, our equipment can transform over 1000 kg of waste. This is an effective technique to reduce societal waste while also making the environment more sustainable and likable for life.
· Use plastic bags for future packing instead of throwing them away. Plastic and other waste materials degrade the environment to an even greater extent since they do not disintegrate.
· Recycle waste whenever feasible, such as using glass jars as planters or old books as a new binder. Recycling should be taught and preached in order to rid the environment of half of the waste created. For example, instead of purchasing a new pen, you can purchase a refill.
The total waste created by the world’s population is projected to be 2.1 billion tonnes per year and this figure will only rise if humans continue to generate waste. Food waste, chemical waste, plastic waste, glass/metal waste, and other types of waste are being ejected from households, business complexes, industries, and hospitals, among other places, because they are damaged, stale, and unneeded spilled or wasted.
To meet our everyday needs, we require things and items that come with the baggage of 'waste,' but the necessity of the hour is that we produce as little or no waste as possible and make a lifestyle with one aim of ZERO WASTE!
Choosing zero-waste lifestyle benefits the economy and helps to create employment. On average, "zero waste" provides 10 times more jobs than waste disposal through reducing, reusing and recycling.