What is Sewage & type of sewage?
Raw sewage, sewage sludge, and septic tank waste are all examples of sewage. The majority of raw sewage is water containing excrement, industrial waste, and debris such as sanitary towels, condoms, and plastic. Excreta is a major source of pathogenic microorganisms such as bacteria, viruses, and parasites.
What is a Sewage Spill?
When wastewater travelling through underground pipes overflows through a manhole, cleanout, or broken pipe, a sewage spill occurs.Septic system failure can also result in sewage exposure. Poor homeowner maintenance is the most common cause of septic system failure. Sludge (solid material) accumulates inside the septic tank if poorly maintained systems are not pumped out on a regular basis. Sewage then enters the absorption field and completely clogs it. Septic fields can become saturated as a result of heavy rains, causing systems to overflow and fail.
Sewage is classified into two types: Treated and Untreated.
Treated sewage is wastewater or sewage that has been treated at a treatment plant. Sewage is treated in several stages to ensure that all harmful bacteria, pollutants, and contaminants are removed. Pre-treatment, primary, secondary, and tertiary sewage treatment are the stages of sewage treatment. The final stage usually entails the use of UV light to ensure that all bacteria and/or viruses have been removed. Following treatment, the water is typically discharged into rivers or seas or reused for irrigation and agricultural purposes.
Contact with treated sewage is uncommon, but it can occur if large flooding events affect sewage treatment plants, or if a pump or other piece of equipment fails.
Untreated sewage is wastewater that contains harmful waterborne pathogens and bacteria and has not yet been processed by a sewage treatment plant. Broken toilet pipes, overflows, industrial leaks, and heavy storms all contribute to raw sewage. It is extremely dangerous to human and animal health, and the longer it sits and stagnates in a home or business, the more bacteria it will contain.
In poorer areas of the world, sewage is frequently dumped anywhere, which is unfortunate because people lack access to proper treatment plants, increasing health risks in those areas.When a flood occurs, the water usually contains untreated sewage, which must be dealt with immediately.
There are some other types of Sewage also:
Domestic sewage, industrial sewage, and storm sewage are the three types of sewage.
Domestic sewage transports waste water from homes and apartments; it is also known as sanitary sewage. Water from manufacturing or chemical processes is used in industrial sewage. Storm sewage, also known as storm water, is precipitation runoff collected in a network of pipes or open channels.
Domestic sewage is made up of slightly more than 99.9% water by weight. The rest, less than 0.1 percent, is made up of various dissolved and suspended impurities. Although these impurities constitute a very small percentage of the sewage by weight, their nature and the large volumes of sewage in which they are carried make domestic wastewater disposal a significant technical challenge.
The main impurities are putrescible organic materials and plant nutrients, but domestic sewage is also very likely to contain disease-causing microbes. Industrial wastewater typically contains specific and easily identifiable chemical compounds, depending on the nature of the industrial process. Organic materials, suspended and dissolved solids, and other substances are found in storm sewage as it travels across the ground.
For more information, contact Netsol water.
Netsol Water is Greater Noida-based leading water & wastewater treatment plant manufacturer. We are industry's most demanding company based on client review and work quality. We are known as best commercial RO plant manufacturers, industrial RO plant manufacturer, sewage treatment plant manufacturer, Water Softener Plant Manufacturers and effluent treatment plant manufacturers. Apart from this 24x7 customer support is our USP. Call on +91-9650608473, or write us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any support, inquiry or product-purchase related query.