HOW ARE CHEMICAL FERTILIZERS HARMFULL?
Farmers use fertilizers on their crops to help them grow better, but the runoff from the fields to rivers and aquatic bodies degrades the quality of the water. Fertilizer finds its way into neighboring water bodies due to rainfall, snowfall, and irrigation. The drinking water gets contaminated by a high level of nitrogen. Nitrates can leak into groundwater and cause nitrate toxicity in animals when encountered in high concentrations.
Eutrophication is caused by a higher concentration of nutrients that flow off into water bodies. As a result of this occurrence, an algal bloom arises in the water body. As a result, the oxygen level in the water drops, and aquatic animals perish. In addition, water transportation becomes more difficult to navigate. Fertilizer runoff has a negative impact on marine life. Chemicals cause the growth of bacteria because nutrients are being drained. As a result of the oxygen shortage, the aquatic animals suffocate and perish. The drainage of fertilizers causes an algal bloom. This causes the discharge of hazardous chemicals, which has a significant impact on marine life. The aquatic animals are suffocated by these toxins, and they suffer and die as a result.
Excessive eutrophication causes a whole zone to be affected, resulting in dead zones. They can be found at large river mouths. Marine activity is reduced because of the phenomena. Although algal activity can diminish with time, it takes a long time to return to normalcy and a healthy state. Fertilizer runoff into bodies of water is seen as hazardous.
HARMFULL EFFECTS OF FERTILIZERS WHICH CAUSES WATER POLLUTION:
Plants are poisoned by fertilizers, often known as plant food. Fertilizers are supposed to keep plants healthy and help them develop quickly, but if certain chemicals are present, they can become pollutants, and it's important to know how to get rid of them.
1. The chemicals are present in the crops grown because of irrigation from these diseased waterbodies, which could be dangerous to humans if consumed.
2. The surplus nutrients produced by fertilizers play a key role in the algal bloom, which makes water transportation impossible. When algae dies, it settles to the riverbed's bottom, preventing aquatic organisms from surviving, owing to the establishment of dead zones.
3. When fertilizer chemicals run off into bodies of water, fish swallow them and grow ill.
4. Most of the lawn and garden chemicals are absorbed into the groundwater through leaching and runoff.The quality of groundwater deteriorates, which has several negative consequences for crops and pisciculture.
5. When the degree of Eutrophication in lakes rises, it becomes difficult to restore them and make them suitable for shipping.
6. When chemicals are discharged into rivers and other bodies of water, they can infect aquatic insects and damsel flies, which are the primary food source for fish and frogs.
7. The effects of toxins on the human body could be transmitted through the consumption of these aquatic foods.
The use of fertilizers on non-edible plants is permitted. However, you must obtain approval from advisors regarding the sort of fertilizer to use in edible plants or you can use organic fertilizers.
Netsol Water is Greater Noida-based leading water & wastewater treatment plant manufacturer. We are industry's most demanding company based on client review and work quality. We are known as best commercial RO plant manufacturer, industrial RO plant manufacturer, sewage treatment plant manufacturer, and effluent treatment plant manufacturers. Apart from this 24x7 customer support is our USP. Call on +91-9650608473, or write us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any support, inquiry or product-purchase related query.