Demineralization is the removal of dissolved solids from feed water and process streams in industrial water treatment. If you're looking into water treatment and purification options, you might be wondering, "What is water demineralization and how does it work?"
Demineralization is? an ion exchange process used to remove mineral salts from water.
Demineralized water is water that has undergone one of the following processes, and is completely (or nearly) devoid of dissolved minerals:
3. Membrane filtration (reverse osmosis or nanofiltration)
4. Electrodialysis or other technologies.
What are the Operation or Process of Demineralization?
Minerals and salts dissociate into their constituent ions in the presence of water. These dissolved solids are made up of negatively charged anions and positively charged cations, both of which are attracted to counterions (or ions of an opposing charge).
An IX column contains a resin composed of plastic beads to which an ionic functional group has been bound. Through mutual electrostatic attraction, these functional groups hold ions with opposing charges loosely together. During an active IX cycle, dissolved ion-containing water is introduced into the resin.
Ions in solution will swap places with ions on the resin beads, clinging to the functional groups of the resin even as the resulting solution is drained away. IX occurs when one ion has a stronger affinity for the functional group, than the already present ion. The presence of specific ionic contaminants will determine whether anionic and/or cationic resin types, are required.
Is demineralization and deionization the same?
Water that has its mineral ions removed is demineralized water, commonly referred to as deionized water. Mineral ions like sodium, calcium, iron, and copper cations as well as anions like chloride, sulphate, and nitrate are frequently found in water.
Deionization is a physical procedure that creates H+ and OH- ions by replacing the mineral salts in water, with water through the use of specially manufactured ion exchange resins. Deionization produces high purity water that is typically comparable to distilled water, and is quick and scale-free because the majority of water impurities are dissolved salts.
Demineralization: A tried and true method of water treatment
Water treatment with de-mineralization technology is a tried-and-true method. A DM water system works on the ion exchange, degasification, and polishing tenets, to provide water that is mineral free. Demineralized Water System finds wide application in the field of steam, power, process, and cooling.
Advantages of demineralization
1. Variety of cost effective standard models.
2. Improved aesthetics and rugged design.
3. User friendly, low maintenance and easy to install.
4. Simpler distribution and collection systems.
5. Quick availability.
6. Pre dispatch assembly check.
7. The multiport valves are top mounted as well as side mounted, with the necessary high pressure rating PVC piping.
8. Single valve operation as compared to the six valves in conventional filters
9. Each operating step is clearly marked on the valve, thereby eliminating chances of error in the operating sequence.
10. Single valve assembly, with its simplified frontal Piping, simpler distribution collecting systems is very easy to install.
11. Rust free.
12. Less power consumption.
15. High shelf life.
Applications of demineralization
1. Boilers feed Water, Breweries, Swimming pools, Potable Water, Hospitals, Automobile, and Battery
2. Ion Exchange Plants
4. Industrial DM Plant
5. Two Stage & Multi Stage DM Plants
6. Mix Bed Demineraliser
8. Cation Polisher
9. Manual/Automatic Plants
10. Pharmaceutical Industry
11. Power Plant
12. Oil & Gas sector
13. Chemical Industries
14. Textile Industries
If you have any questions about water treatment plants, or if you would like to discuss about demineralization, please contact the Netsol Water Solutions team right away. Our team is an expert in water treatment and can help you tailor a solution to your specific requirements.Our company offers excellent quality Demineralization Plant manufactured through technically advanced process.
Demineralization Water Treatment Plant, provided by our company, is highly demanded in various industries and municipal sectors.