The Reverse Osmosis (RO) plant is considered one of the best technologies for water purification. Almost every household has a RO water purification system installed in their houses, industries, and commercially. Though the size may differ, they essentially are built for the primary purpose, i.e., cleaning and purifying the water so that the contaminants do not get ingested in our bodies while we drink water.
RO water purification plant contains a unique process for filtering the inorganic and organic substances, dissolved oxygen, and other chemicals from the water. While we get access to safe drinking water, there are certainly some disadvantages that RO plants give.
There is a certain reject water ratio in a RO water plant. By this, we mean that, in the filtration process, only 25% of the water gets purified while 75% of the water is known as rejected water, and most of the time, people don’t utilize this water. This means that, on average, an RO water purifier wastes 3 liters of water for every 1 liter of water.
The rejected water contains high levels of impurities and dissolved solids, which is why this water cannot be used for drinking purposes. However, this water can be used for various other purposes to avoid the wastage that we will be informing you about in the next part of this article.
How to avoid wastage of RO Plant rejected water?
- 1. Washing Car: Car washing can consume a lot of water. It can use 14 liters of water using a bucket and 75 liters of water using a hosepipe. This massive amount of water wasted can be seen as no less than a crime because of water scarcity. Why waste so much clean water when the rejected RO water can be used for the same purposes?
RO reject water can be used to wash the cars with a TDS of 1200-1500 ppm. If the TDS of the water is high, then you can dilute the tap water in it. This will lower down the TDS and after that can be used for cleaning cars.
- 2. Watering plants and gardening: Plants and trees require continuous care and affection. If you are a gardening lover or have plants at your home, you must need water for nourishment.
RO reject water can be of great use in such a situation. This is particularly applicable for the people residing in the urban areas as the municipal water has a lower TDS. TDS up to 2100 ppm is permissible for watering plants and gardens. Apart from this, the percentage of sodium should be less than 60%. This is because high sodium content increases soil porosity and is harmful to the fertility of the soil.
- 3. Washing utensils: RO wastewater is best for use in washing the utensils. You can store the water in a tank or a bucket and place it around your kitchen sink so that you can immediately use it whenever you wash utensils.
- 4. Mopping floor: Wherever you live, either in a house or office, you must have felt the need for cleanliness. Therefore, you require at least 10 liters of water every day and even 100 liters of water if you have a big house for cleaning your floors. Using RO wastewater can save a considerable amount of water.
Suppose the TDS is over 2000 ppm, then you can dilute the tap water with equal amounts of RO water to lessen its TDS, or you can use RO wastewater on alternate days for cleaning so that it does not leave stains on the floor.
- 5. Laundry pre-rinsing: RO wastewater can also be used for laundry purposes. But the TDS of the water should be taken care of because some clothes might not be suitable for high TDS levels. As technology is on the rise, most Indian homes haven’t held themselves back.
Washing machines have become a new normal. A lot of water is wasted in using the washing machines. Therefore, the RO wastewater can be stored in a tank and can be used for washing fabrics to avoid wastage.
- 6. Cleaning and Flushing toilets: Approximately 5-6 liters of water is used in flushing the toilets. RO wastewater can be used effectively to reduce wastage. Also, you can clean toilets with this water to minimize the wastage of water.
Netsol Water is proud to be the leading sewage treatment plant manufacturer in India, effluent treatment plant manufacturer in India, and commercial RO plant with effective rejected water solutions. We take immense pleasure in designing and manufacturing machines to save the Earth and its resources, especially water. We continuously strive to make Environment eco-friendly.
Our vision is to provide sustainable and affordable management solutions to cope up with the challenges of increasing urbanization, industrialization, and population growth. Our products are of high quality. We work to provide eco-conscious solutions that are reliable, cost-effective, and durable. Our technology is designed so that it allows for clean and hygienic water for our customers.
If you have any doubts, please feel free to reach us. We will try our best to assist you. Contact us to discuss your requirements. We can be reached at 9650608473 and 9650795306, or feel free to leave your query at email@example.com.