How to clean a Commercial RO plant by Netsol?
A commercial RO plant serves commercial spaces like offices, malls etc. They have large serving capacity of 500 LPCD.RO plants should be used safely and serviced regularly, moreover they require cleaning on decided scheduled time, especially commercial RO plants as warned by their manufacturers. The guidelines given by commercial RO plant manufacturers should be followed word by word to sustain the performance of the RO system to best of its capacity.
Time to time cleaning of the membranes will increase the life of the membrane as well as enhance performance of the system. If normal condition persists, membrane can be fouled by biological matter, organic substances, colloidal particles, and mineral scaling.
Steps to clean the Plant-
- 1. First, thoroughly read the safety precautions and disposal manual thereafter study the chemical that is going to be used for cleaning the RO as they are dangerous and can damage the walls of RO plant. Moreover, compliance to all environmental laws of country state and local level must be followed.
- 2. The use of acid cleaning solutions for inorganic salts like calcium carbonate former calcium sulphate and metal oxides is common. It is not recommended to use sulphuric acid as it can become a cause of damage to the membranes. A solution of 0.2% hydrochloric acid, solution of 0.2% sulfamic acid, 0.5% phosphoric acid and 1.0% sodium hydro sulphite is normally used for cleaning the reverse osmosis system.
- 3. Silica, organic matter and biofilms must be cleaned using alkaline cleaning solutions. 0.1% sodium hydroxide, 0.1% Na-EDTA, 0.05% sodium salt of de-decyl sulphate, 1.0% sodium triphosphate and 1.0% trisodium phosphate solution is one of the best solutions to remove organic fouling matter off the membrane.
Cleaning of membranes-
The following directions must be followed to clean the reverse osmosis plant-
- 1. Note down the amount andTDS of the film with the set of the system when pressure of operation is normal.
- 2. Take 15 gallons of inorganic cleaning solution whose pH should be 2 in tank ofpolypropylene or FRP with detachable cover. Reverse osmosis water should be used for makeup water if, if feasible.
- 3. Connect pipe to the pre inlet filter plant from the cleaning solution tank.
- 4. The permeate and drain tubes should be connected to the cleaning solution tank to recirculate while cleaning the membranes next.
- 5. Start the reverse osmosis pump, adjust the concentrate control wall, show that a pressure of 50 psi is reached.
- 6. Switch off the reverse osmosis plant and connect it to the feed water supply.
- 7. Again, switch on the reverse osmosis system and flash at 50 psi for 15 minutes. Flush out all the concentrate and add permeate water.
- 8. The same process is repeated for organic cleaning solution.
For detailed information, contact at +91-9650608473 to Netsol Water as we are ready to help with all the details required. We can provide services at your convenience. Headquartered at Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh, we are available 24x7.