Hard water can be an expensive condition to live with. When dissolved minerals in groundwater react with heat in your home's pipes, scale and build-up form, causing damage to your pipes, appliances, and fixtures.
Rainwater is pure and devoid of minerals or soft water when it falls as rain. It gathers minerals such as calcium and magnesium as it runs through the ground. Hard water is defined as water that has accumulated a considerable number of minerals. Hard water isn't too bad for your health, but it is bad for your house.
A water softener treats hard water by eliminating the minerals using an ion-exchange process. Resin within the system traps mineral ions that cause hardness and damage to your property and exchanges them for sodium and potassium ions.
WHAT IS SOFT WATER FOR YOU?
Soft water, unlike hard water, has a low ion content, particularly calcium and magnesium. The soft water is usually found on the surface itself. Rainwater is the most prevalent source of soft water.
DO YOU NEED WATER SOFTENER?
For households who are suffering from the consequences of hard water, a water softener can be a lifeline.
LET’S FIND OUT SOME BENEFITS:
1- soft water saves your money
· PLUMBING:Hard water minerals attach to your pipes as they flow through them, generating a scale deposit that can eventually clog them. Build-up can cause irrevocable damage to plumbing in homes with extremely hard water, resulting in a costly and time-consuming repair operation. Softening your water before it has a chance to build up is the best strategy to deal with hard water.
· APPLIANCES: The negative effects of hard water on your dishwasher and washing machines can be avoided by using a water softener. Not only does scale build-up reduce the quality and efficiency of your coffee machines, ice makers, and even water heaters owing to hard water composition, but scale inside the appliance also reduces the lifespan of your coffee machines, ice makers, and even water heaters.
· ELECTRIC BILLS: By reducing pipe damage, a water softener can cut your gas or electric expense. The space available for water to move through a pipe narrows as scale builds up inside it. As a result, for water to get through, the water pressure must be increased. The narrowing of the pipe also results in a loss in heat transfer efficiency, requiring you to run your water heater at a higher temperature to compensate. Both of these factors result in a high-priced gas or electricity bill.
2- Cleaner hair and softener skin
· EFFECTS OF SOFT WATER ON SKIN:Because soft water includes less minerals, it is easier for your skin to absorb and retain moisture. While bathing or showering in hard water might be damaging to your skin. The ions in hard water strip the skin of its natural oils, drying it up and causing itchy, irritated skin in certain people.
· EFFECTS OF SOFT WATER ON HAIR: Hard water can make your hair feel dry, brittle, and frizzy, whereas soft water can help balance the pH level in your hair. It might also fade the colour of your hair. The water pressure in your shower reduces as scale building in your pipes from hard water develops. Low water pressure makes rinsing soap from your body or shampoo and conditioner from your hair difficult.
3- Brighter and softer clothes
· BRIGHTER CLOTHES: You're washing your clothing in minerals that leave deposits if you have hard water in your home. The minerals will cause the hues to fade over time. Some minerals can even leave stains or discolour your teeth. It is preferable to use soft water. Many people add salt to a load of colours to keep them from bleeding, but this isn't essential with a soft water system and sodium exchange.
· CLEANER CLOTHES:Soft water dissolves more easily in garments, allowing for more thorough cleaning. Your clothing are washed with minerals that leave deposits in the fabric when you use hard water. The minerals will fade the colours and make the whites dingy with time. You can use less detergent and may not even require fabric softeners because soft water dissolves detergent more effectively.
At Netsol water, we provide customized Water Softening plants as per customer’s requirement.