What is wastewater flow rate?
Flow measurement is critical in wastewater treatment plants. Flow measurement products, in addition to reducing GHG emissions, ensure clean and safe waste water disposal.There is a diverse range of liquid flow metering products available, for a variety of metering applications.
Types of Flow in wastewater treatment
· ADF (Average Daily Flow): ADF is the average of 24-hour volumes to be received by the wastewater system, over a 12-month period. If you're working on a seasonal facility design, the ADF is based on the average flows observed for each specific seasonal period, and the system design may need to take into account multiple design bases, to ensure effluent water quality is met all year.
· Peak Daily Flow (PDF): Peak Daily Flow is the highest volume of flow over a 24-hour period.
· Peak Hourly Flow (PHF): Peak Hourly Flow is the highest volume of flow in a single hour.
· Peak Instantaneous Flow (PIF): The maximum flow rate measured at any point in time is the Peak Instantaneous Flow.
· Diurnal Flow Pattern: It is the daily cycle of instantaneous flows that occurs over the course of a day, and is frequently observed in one-hour increments.
For larger wastewater systems, flow rates will be measured in gallons per day (GPD), gallons per minute (GPM), or million gallons per day (MGD).
Types of Flow Meters
Electromagnetic and ultrasonic flow meters are widely used to accurately measure the flow of wastewater streams. They are intelligently designed and robustly built to meet the demands of waste-water treatment plants.
Electromagnetic Flow Meters - Electromagnetic flow meters outperform other flow measurement products on the market, in terms of accuracy and repeatability. They are free of abrasion because they are designed with no moving parts.
Even without routine maintenance, these flow measurement products provide years of dependable service. Furthermore, they can handle high-velocity flows with ease and are unaffected by solids, in the flow stream. For underground operations, several models of electromagnetic flow measurement meters are available. This avoids the need to build expensive installation chambers.
Flow Meters with Ultrasonic Technology - These flow measurement products have a proven design and superior durability, making them ideal for installation in large enclosed pipes.
Regardless of the fluid's velocity, they ensure quick and accurate flow measurement. They, like electromagnetic flow meters, have a simple design with no moving parts. As a result, there is less wear and tear and less maintenance.
Both of these flow metering products aid in the following areas:
1. Water consumption is precisely monitored and accurately billed.
2. Leak detection that is precise.
3. Network load monitoring with pinpoint accuracy.
4. Water usage optimization.
5. Monitoring the amount of influent water entering the wastewater treatment plant.
6. Monitoring the amount of wastewater discharged from the wastewater treatment plant.
Netsol Water provide a wide range of modern water and wastewater solutions, including water softener, wastewater treatment plants, sewage treatment plants, water treatment plants, RO Plants, and many more. Our clients can take advantage of these services. We also educate our clients on how to avoid pollution by taking a sustainable strategy, and utilizing advanced treatment methods and heat exchangers in WWTPs.