What is Tube settling tank, design and calculations?
To facilitate the settling of suspended particles and biomass, tube settler tanks are frequently employed in MBBR (Moving Bed Biofilm Reactor) based Sewage Treatment Plants (STPs). The settling process is improved using vertical tubes that are tightly spaced in the tube settler tank, a type of clarifier.
When planning a sewage treatment facility using the MBBR method, the capacity of the tube settler tank is a crucial factor.
How to calculate tube settler tank capacity?
The tube settler tank capacity can be determined using the design flow rate of the sewage treatment plant and the settling velocity of the suspended solids in the sewage. The speed at which sewage's suspended solids settle in the tube settler tank is known as the settling velocity.
The following equation can be used to determine the tube settler tank capacity:
Tank Capacity (m3) = Design Flow(m3/day) x Retention Time (Days) x (Settling Velocity(m/day) / Surface Loading Rate(m/day))
Design flow is the volume of sewage that the treatment plant is designed to treat per day.
Retention time refers to how long the sewage is kept in the tube settler tank before it is allowed to settle.
Settling velocity is the rate at which the suspended matter settles in the tube settler tank.
Surface loading rate is the amount of tank surface that can be used for settling for each unit of sewage.
Advantages of tube settlers:
1. Tube settlers allow clarifiers and basins to run at 2 to 4 times the average pace of those without them.
2. It is feasible to maintain a lower influent turbidity to the treatment plant filters while reducing the coagulant dosage by up to 50%.
3. Less frequent filter backwashing results in significant water and power operational cost savings.
4. Due to the enhanced flow capacity, new installations utilising tube settlers can be constructed smaller.
5. Tube settlers can be added to existing water treatment facilities to improve flow.
6. Tube settlers boost settling capacity and speed up sediment removal in settling tanks to increase the allowed flow capacity.
Do you need an advice or assistance on selecting the best water and waste water treatment unit? We have solutions for all your problems!
Let us now your problem, our experts will make sure that it goes away.
For an assistance or related query,
Call on +91-965-060-8473
Or write us at firstname.lastname@example.org