An effluent treatment plant (ETP) is a wastewater treatment process that is used to treat wastewater, and meets pollution board disposal rules and regulations.
ETPs treat pollutants such as organic matter, inorganic matter, heavy metals, oil and grease, suspended particles, and so on with wastewater treatment. For treatment, a batch procedure or a continuous flow process may be used.
What is the Industrial effluent treatment process?
Wastewater treatment plants are classified into chemical treatment, biological treatment, a combination of chemical and biological treatment, and disinfection.
The treatment of different effluents varies depending on the type of effluent. Before being discharged into the environment, wastewater enters the effluent treatment facility and is processed multiple times.
The industrial wastewater treatment plant process includes the following phases:
A. The goal of preliminary treatment is to physically separate large pollutants. This level/process consists of the following:
· In a wastewater treatment facility, screening is the first unit activity. A screen is a device with uniform apertures that is used to remove large floating solids.
· Sedimentation is a physical water treatment method that uses gravity to remove suspended materials from water.
· Grit Chamber: The wastewater that flows through the grit chamber removes dense inorganic materials like gravel, metal shards, and sand that have made their way into the sewers.
· Clarifiers are tanks that are mechanically designed to continuously remove sediments, accumulated by sedimentation prior to biological treatment.
B. Primary treatment
Its goal is to remove items that float and settle, such as suspended solids and organic waste. This treatment employs both physical and chemical approaches. It contains the following items:
· Flocculation is a physical process that does not involve the neutralization of charges. It entails aggregating destabilized particles into large aggregates that can be easily removed from water.
· Coagulation is the process of introducing coagulants into a liquid in order to rapidly settle minute solid particles, into a larger bulk. It enables particle removal through sedimentation and filtration.
· Neutralization: The main goal of this procedure is to keep the pH in the range of 6-9, so that the various processing units in the ETP system can function properly.
· Primary clarifiers: These are used to reduce the velocity of the water so that organic particles sink to the tank's bottom, and contain equipment for removing floating solids and greases from the surface.
C. Secondary or biological treatment:
The goal of this treatment is to further treat the primary treatment effluent, in order to eliminate suspended particles and residual organics. This stage involves biological and chemical mechanisms.
· To clean industrial wastewater or effluent, the activated sludge process employs air and a biological floc composed of bacteria.
· Aerated Lagoons: A wastewater treatment pond with artificial aeration to improve biological oxidation.
· Trickling filters, also known as sprinkling filters, are widely used in the biological treatment of domestic wastewater and industrial waste water.
D. Tertiary/advanced/disinfection treatment:
The goal of tertiary treatment is to provide a final treatment step to improve effluent quality before it is reused, recycled, or released into the environment.
· Following primary and secondary treatment, chemical coagulation and sedimentation are used, to promote particle removal from effluent.
· Filtration: To ensure high quality water, the cleared wastewater is routed to a nearby filtration facility, which consists of massive filter blocks.
· Pressure is used to drive effluent through a membrane that holds impurities on one side, while allowing clean water to pass through on the other in reverse osmosis.
· UV Disinfection: It is thought to be an excellent industrial wastewater disinfectant. It leaves no residual disinfection in the water, because it maintains water purity. It produces no by-products of disinfection.
What do we offer?
If you have any questions about wastewater treatment plants, or if you would like to discuss about effluent treatment, contact the Netsol Water team right away. Our team is an expert in wastewater treatment and can help you tailor a solution, to your specific requirements.
We collaborate with our clients to design a customized effluent treatment solution that meets your specific requirements, as well as an ongoing service plan to completely maintain your system.
Netsol Water is Greater Noida-based leading water & wastewater treatment plant manufacturer. We are industry's most demanding company based on client review and work quality. We are known as best commercial RO plant manufacturers, industrial RO plant manufacturer, sewage treatment plant manufacturer, Water Softener Plant Manufacturers and effluent treatment plant manufacturers. Apart from this 24x7 customer support is our USP. Call on +91-9650608473, or write us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any support, inquiry or product-purchase related query.