What are corrosion and scale inhibitors?
Corrosion and scale inhibitors are specialised compounds that, when introduced in modest concentrations to water would ordinarily cause scale development, delay or prevent scale formation. Corrosion and scale inhibitors are comparable to the chemicals used to prevent scale in washing machines. Finally, crystal formation can be inhibited by adding compounds that react with potential scale-forming substances, resulting in a thermodynamically stable zone, or by introducing substances that prevent crystal growth.
As a result, the use of these compounds is appealing since a relatively small dosage (a few ppm) can be adequate to prevent scale over long periods of time for both surface and equipment treatments.
Scale inhibitors are divided into 4 categories:
1) Inorganic polyphosphates
2) Organic polyphosphates
3) Esters of organic phosphates
4) Polymers made of organic compounds
Application of scale inhibitors
1: Boiler Water Treatment: Boilers require regular water treatment to be healthy and functioning, as failure to do so can result in operational inefficiencies, performance losses, and boiler damage. Boiler Water Treatment aids in the development of a dependable and efficient system, minimizing downtime and maintenance expenses.
2: Cooling tower Water Treatment: Cooling tower water treatment is removing toxic or otherwise harmful pollutants from your cooling tower system using a combination of filtration methods and chemical products. You can fix the most common cooling tower problems by treating the water in the cooling towers, such as:
· Fouling and biofilm
· Dirt and small particles
· Foam Overabundance
Closed Loop Water Treatment:Closed loops that aren't adequately handled can create a lot of corrosion and waste a lot of water and energy.
These systems must be reviewed on a regular basis to ensure that the treatment level is correct and that the system is functioning properly. The necessary water conditions must be maintained at all times to ensure that closed circuit systems are adequately maintained and run at maximum efficiency.
Selection Criteria for Scale Inhibitors
3) The ability to work together
Factors while selecting scale inhibitors
Other substances must not interact with inhibitors, and inhibitors must not be impacted by other chemicals.
The following are the specific factors to consider while selecting scale inhibitor candidates for performance tests:
1. The scale used is: The best scale-inhibitor chemistry should be chosen based on the scale composition.
2. Scaling severity: At high scaling rates, fewer goods are effective.
4. Temperature: The sorts of chemistry that are acceptable are limited by higher temperatures and the need for a longer life.
5. pH: In a low-pH environment, most conventional scale inhibitors are less effective.
6. Compatibility with other treatment chemicals: The scale inhibitor must be compatible with other treatment chemicals, such as oxygen scavengers, corrosion inhibitors, and biocides.
Can we provide corrosion and scale inhibitors?
Scale build-up can cause flow rates to drop, resulting in poorer operating efficiency. Corrosion and scale inhibitors that work is now just as critical for the environment as they are for your business. As a result, we can produce or provide a range of multifunctional scale inhibitors and water treatment solutions for cooling systems, as well as chemicals to prevent and/or eradicate metal ions and hardness salt deposits in boiler feedwater. We also provide water treatment systems for applications requiring exceptionally low contamination potential and optimum equipment safety.
Benefits of scale inhibitors
1) Excellent scale and rust inhibitor
2) Excellent for cooling and heating water systems
3) Prevents corrosion of ferrous and non-ferrous metals
4) It has a great deposit control system
5) Better results in waters of different hardness
When it comes to wastewater treatment, Netsol Water is your best company. In addition to providing the best chemicals and supplies for your wastewater pre-treatment process, our team has the knowledge and experience to ensure that you obtain the optimum solution for your specific needs.