What is commissioning?
Commissioning is a set of activities used to establish the integrity of the system's components and verification of its equipment’s, including all mechanical, electrical, and instrumentation devices, and to ensure the process's sustainability for satisfactory operation of the entire system. It is usually the last phase of any project before the handover to the owner and occurs immediately after the completion of all civil and mechanical construction.
Various basic functions of commissioning-
(a) Owners' Point of View- Did we get what we paid for in terms of an improvement once the project was completed?
(b) Engineers' Point of View- Can we demonstrate that we kept our promises made during design?
(c) Contractor's Point of View- Did we complete the project according to the plans and specifications?
(d) Viewpoint of a Regulator - Has a regulatory concern been addressed?
How to Water Softener Commissioning in India?
Netsol Water is a pioneer water and wastewater treatment plant manufacturer offering the best management solutions using state-of-the-art technology.
Water softening plants offered by us are quite effective in removing all kinds of scale build-up and hence are extensively demanded across various industries. Our water softeners are known for long service use and are economically viable to operate and have maximum compliance with the regulatory authorities’ norms. Our service team stands right beside the clients while the entire commissioning of Water Softeners anywhere in India to train the on-site employees of the clients and to impart post-commissioning technical assistance if required.
The options below provide information on the various alternatives-
Option 1 - Visit to the Commission for Basic Installation (allows up to 1 hour on site)
Others may visit the site to evaluate a completed installation, such as:
-Minor alterations (subject to written agreement on site);
-Check the equipment's operation;
Option 2 - Post-Installation Commission Visit (allows up to 2 hours on site)
A site visit to review a completed installation, which includes a visual evaluation of the installation and its immediate surroundings.
-Operation of the equipment;
-Functionality in both mechanical and electrical terms;
-Minor alterations (subject to written agreement on site).
-List of Equipment’s& Condition Report;
-Certificate of the Commission.
Option 3 - Visit for fitting and commission (allows up to 3 hours on-site)
A site visit is required to conduct a visual check of the following:
-The installation and immediate surroundings;
-The functionality of mechanical and electrical systems;
-Inventory of equipment and a condition report;
-Certificate of Commission.
Water Softener Commissioning Terms & Conditions
• Establish and maintain the Contractor's Commissioning Plan, Method Statements, and Inspection.
• A thorough visual examination of all installed equipment.
• Reasonable inspection steps.
• Manufacturer warranties will be honoured if they are shown to the manufacturer’s team, ahead of time as applicable.
• If components certified as 'good', fail within months after commissioning, the return visit to repair will be reduced to 50% of the usual charge, subject to fair use.
• The staff operating procedures and equipment’s used to conduct a safety evaluation.
• Organizing the delivery of on-the-job training for plant operations and maintenance personnel.
• Following the 'Permit to Work' and tagging/isolation protocols strictly.
• Inspection of the installation beneath the surface.
• Fixture structural inspection, including groundworks, lids, and so on.
• Collaboration with other people's contractors.
What is the purpose of a Commission Visit?
The goal of the softener system commissioning visit is to thoroughly inspect the plants installation. This could include mechanical and electrical inspections as well as a review of the unit's installation.
Commissioning ensures that the unit and all associated equipment’s have been properly installed and are completely compatible with Indian rules and site-specific approvals.
Incorrectly installed equipment’s not only voids warranties and may result in costly repair bills, but it can also result in significant fines. A commissioning visit will reveal any issues with your Water Softening System, and it may be the most important visit you make to your equipment.