What Is A Water Descaler?
A water descaler, also known as a water conditioner, is a system that mitigates the effects of hard water by reducing the scale deposits, or build-up, that are left on the surfaces with which the water comes into contact. A magnetic field is used by water descalers to charge the mineral particles in the water. This causes mineral particles to remain in the water rather than being transferred to surfaces such as your bathtub, shower wall, or sink.
TECHNOLOGIES USED BY WATER DESCLAER TO REDUCE THE EFFECT OF HARD WATER
A low voltage current is used to create an electronic charge in your water, which holds the minerals in the water and prevents them from depositing in your pipes.
Magnetic devices are used to alter the structure of minerals in your water, making them less likely to deposit.
Template-assisted crystallisation, which produces mineral crystals before scale forms on surfaces such as your water heating element.
WHEN IS THERE A NEED OF WATER DESCALER?
One will consider to purchase water descaler for the following reasons:
1. User zone's water hardness level can reach up to 25 GPG. Water descalers, in other words, can deal with even extremely hard water;
2. User want to spend less money on the purchase, installation, and maintenance of your water treatment system;
3. User primary concern should be the longevity and functionality of your pipework and appliances, rather than their aesthetics.
4. User dislike the "slippery" sensation of water against their skin.
ADVANTAGES OF WATER DESCLAER
- Less expensive;
- It is less difficult to install.
- If you want to treat water for a commercial establishment (restaurant, café, hotel, medical clinic, etc.), the installation and maintenance costs will be more manageable in the long run.
- They are compact and adaptable in terms of placement (on the wall, under the sink, etc.).
- Water descalers do not deplete your water of essential and healthy minerals.
- To some extent, they aid in the brightening and softening of your clothes.
- They have no effect on the TDS levels in your water.
- They keep water hardness molecules from adhering to heating elements, pipes, faucets, kitchen and bathroom fixtures, and surfaces, among other things.
- They clean the existing scale on the inside of your pipes and appliances.
- Descalers require little to no maintenance over time because they do not require the replacement or addition of elements/consumables.
- They do not waste water and do not flush chemicals into sewer lines, making them the more environmentally friendly option to consider.
- They can work with almost any type of pipe, including PVC.
- One unit is sufficient for a small house;
- They do not add salt to your water, so there is no excess salt risk for humans or animals.
LIMITATIONS OF WATER DESCALERS
· They do not provide that "slick" water feel against your skin;
· Even if you use water descalers, you may still notice some spots on your glasses, kitchenware, or bathtubs. The main benefit is that you won't have to scrub them away because they will dissolve naturally.