Technical specifications of DM water treatment plant
Ion exchange technology is used to remove salts (cations and anions) from water in a DM Plant. When dissolved in water, soluble chemical compounds get ionised, which means their molecules break into positively and negatively charged ions.
DM Water treatment systems generate high-quality water that is mineral-free. It treats water and removes ions using the principles of ion exchange, degasification, and polishing. One of the most cost-effective methods for water treatment is demineralization. In the fields of steam, power, process, and cooling, these systems are commonly utilised to treat water.
Two tiny polystyrene beds loaded with ion exchange resins pass the feed water. In the first bed, cations in the water are exchanged for hydrogen ions. In the second bed, anions are exchanged for hydroxyl ions.
- a. Cationic ions are removed from the water by pumping it into cationic based units.
- b. The water then enters through the strong base anions, which remove anions from the water stream.
- c. Mixed Bed Units polish the water, lowering the conductivity significantly.
- d. The feed pumps deliver regeneration water to the regeneration skids
- e. The required amount of dilute chemical is delivered to the demineralization vessels via various regeneration skids.
- f. After that, the demineralized water is sent to the storage tank.
- 1. Input raw water supply
1200 ppm TDS
520 ppm alkalinity as CaCO3
312 ppm total hardness as CaCO3
Sulphate 10 ppm
SIO2 (silica) 10 ppm
- 2. Output treated water quality from the DM plant shall meet IS – 1069/93 requirements, as well as the following parameters:
CaCO3 hardness: 0 mg/l
Sodium chloride (NaCl): 0 mg/l
Electrical conductivity: <1 µS/cm
Total Dissolved Solids : <1 ppm
Regeneration output: 80 m3
Maximum Flow Rate: 5 m3/hr
- 3. Pumps for Raw Water 2 No’s
Maximum operating pressure:3.5 kg/cm2
Head: 30 m
Flow rate:5 m3/hr
Total Dissolved Solids : <1 PPM
- 4. Number of Pressure Filter Systems: 2 (1 operational, 1 standby)
Flow Rate: 2 m3/hr
Automatic Program Logical Controller (PLC): 2 No’s.
Cartridges for PP Filters: 16 pcs.
Filter Casings in FRP: 8 pcs.
Cartridges for Leaf Filters: 16 pcs.
Chlorination Systems: 2 No’s
Anti-scalent System: 2 No’s
Conductivity Systems: 2 No’s
De-chlorination Systems:2 No’s
Pressure gauges:4 psi
Pressure pump: 2 psi
- 5. Filter Water Collection Tank – 1 No.
MOC: HDPE (High Density Poly Ethylene)
Capacity of 10 m3.
- 6. System Quantity for Drinking Water- 1 No.
PP Cartridge Filters: 2 No’s.
Drinking Water Pump: 1
Flow Rate, 20 m Head:1 m3/hr
1 UV sanitization system to make water drinkable and potable.
Following the exchange, the water quality is as follows:
- a. Cation quality: less than ten microsiemens per centimetre
- b. pH of 7.5 to 8.5
- c. The mixed bed is used as a polishing unit and has a quality of less than 1 micro siemens.