The world is coming back on its feet after Covid 19 wreaked havoc all over the world. Almost all countries in the world went to lockdown, which hampered production in every sector and millions of people remained starved over the time. But now, after heavy vaccination drive, world as we knew it pre-pandemic is running again. Everywhere production has started, and people are coming back to jobs. Automobile sector which stopped all its manufacturing process has come back to life, and production is running in its full gear.
Now, the need for smooth operation of all business requires such a business model which will guarantee safe passage to the industry until the condition is stabilised. The production has started in full gear which will result into release of toxic substances into the atmosphere. This will increase pollution as well as put at risk health of millions of people. And, during these times, when world is coming back to its feet, we need to check that we don’t pollute the environment again to the critical levels.
Where does the automobile industry needs our assistance?
During the manufacturing process,many litres of wastewater is generated in the automobile industry like in washing and painting etc. Although this water may not be too much in quantity, nevertheless its quality is toxic due to the presence of-
1. Heavy metals like zinc, chromium, nickel,etc
2. Organic micro -pollutants
3. Chemicals – dye stuff, chromium phosphate etc
4. Solvents of different types, and
As this water is filled with toxic substances, if it’s released into environment untreated, it may cause extreme geo-hazard. So, to handle these problems, it is enforced by the government that this wastewater must be treated before being discharged into nature. This requires instalment of a wastewater treatment plant and thus fulfilling the corporate social responsibility.
Processes involved in automobile manufacturing-
Waste treatment process involves three major methods viz.
- 1. Chemical processes
- 2. Physical process
- 3. Biological process
Each of these treatments involves four stages of wastewater recycling:
- 1. Pre-treatment - duringpre-treatmentwater is initially screened through grit chamber or mesh. This step removes floating solids, grease, and oil.
- 2. Primary treatment -coagulation,flocculation,and neutralization of wastewater, where heavy solid present in the wastewater settlesdown into the chamber and lightweight solids are skimmed off. This is a chemical process.
- 3. Secondary treatment - it is the biological process which uses aerobic and anaerobic digestion of the wastewater depending depending on the quality of effluent.
- 4. Tertiary treatment- this is the disinfection process which uses chlorine ozone and UV rays for removal of suspended solidsand to make the effluent suitable to be discharged.
How can Netsol Water Solutions help?
Since we are a business enterprise ourselves in the field of water and effluent treatment,we sure do understand the problems faced by the automobile industry in getting back to its operation. We are introducing compact effluent treatment plant used in automobile industry which we have come up with after deep evaluation and research.
Benefit of our compact effluenttreatment plantused in automobile industry-
Post lockdown automobile industries as well as MSME’s all havestarted theiroperations;it is prerequisite that we understand the financial crunch they might be facing.Therefore, we have designed our treatment plantin such a way that it's easier for the companies to use it.
Its advantages are listed below:
- 1. Low water consumption
- 2. Low maintenance cost
- 3. Low operation cost
- 4. Effluent of good quality
- 5. High return on investment
All these benefits come with zero liquid discharge technology such as reverse osmosis, heavy metal removal system.Netsol has gone up with this innovative method of wastewater treatment which will not only help automobile industry but will be a ray of hope for sustainable development.