Abrasive "hard water" contains high levels of calcium and magnesium, which can cause scale and impair the cleaning ability of soap. Water softener systems are an important household appliances for households in some areas.
How to maintain Water Softener?
Modern water softeners can usually last for years with little maintenance, but regular checks and cleaning extend their lifespan.
Steps to maintain water softener:
For Brine tank maintenance
1. Check for salt at least once a month. Salt is an important part of the water softening process as it prepares the resin beds to regenerate and further soften. The fabric softener description should tell you about the ideal salt content. As a rule, fill the tank with salt at least halfway and keep it at least 3 inches above the water level. If you are using block salt, it may be best for the technician to raise the water level and completely dip the block in water.
Do you know what kind of salt to add?
The water softener manual allows you to see if the machine is operated with granules, tablets, or block salts. Granular salts are the most common choice as they are the easiest to dissolve. Common salt crystals can easily clog the tank, so buy them in pellet form if possible. Rock salt is cheap, but it contains a lot of impurities, which reduces efficiency, stains the tank, and requires more frequent cleaning. Evaporative salt is the highest quality option, but it is also the most expensive.
2. Break and open the salt bridge. Salt can form solid layers within the tank. This will prevent the loose salt at the top from mixing with the water at the bottom and causing the fabric softener to stop working. If you experience repeated problems with bridging, use less salt to allow the salt to fall deeper during the refill. Cleaning the brine tank should also help.
3. Salt can also form a muddy pile at the bottom of the tank, causing the water to rise around it instead of mixing. If it forms a large mound, you can break it with a broom handle. It also helps to scoop up pulp, dissolve it in a bucket of hot water, and return it to the tank.
4. Modern water softeners can be used without cleaning for 5-10 years. Clean them only if your water has hardened and the above basic maintenance does not solve the problem within a few days. Older models (especially electricity) can benefit from annual cleaning.
For brine tank cleansing:
1. Empty the tank. Use the bypass valve to shut off the water supply. Drain water in the tank, then pour in salt and discard. Salt kills plant life so do not throw discard in garden. If necessary, dissolve the salt bridge in hot water.
2. Remove the brine grill from the bottom of the tank. Some models have a mesh platform at the bottom of the brine tank. Set this aside before cleaning.
3. Rub with soapy water. Mix plenty of dishwashing liquid in 4-8 litresof water. Pour it into the tank and rub the entire interior with a long handle brush. Rinse the tank. Pour soapy water and rinse with clean water.
4. Mix bleach and water. Stir and let it sit for 15 minutes to disinfect the tank. Most organisms cannot grow in concentrated saline, but it is advisable to check.
5. Wash off the bleach. If there was a grid in the tank, replace it. Fill the tank with water and salt as usual.
6. Wait at least a few hours before regenerating the tank to dissolve the salt.
Some other maintenance points:
1. Set the bypass valve about once a month to temporarily disconnect the fabric softener from the water supply. If the valve leaks or drips, disassemble the valve and replace the damaged washer or seal.
2. Rinse with a water softener cleaner. Pour the water softener cleaner into the brine tank every few months according to the instructions on the label. Start the regeneration process manually. This allows you to maintain the efficiency and function of the resin.
3. If your water is high in iron, or if you have other problems with fabric softener, use a high-strength product or buy an attachment that automatically adds a small amount of detergent each time the system is regenerated.
Netsol Water is Greater Noida-based leading water & wastewater treatment plant manufacturer. We are industry's most demanding company based on client review and work quality. We are known as best commercial RO plant manufacturers, industrial RO plant manufacturer, sewage treatment plant manufacturer, and effluent treatment plant manufacturers. Apart from this 24x7 customer support is our USP. Call on +91-9650608473, or write us at email@example.com for any support, inquiry or product-purchase related query.