Before we move forward, it is important to have a fair understanding of why should we need to make our buildings carbon-free? What are the benefits and what exactly is the concept of making buildings green or carbon-free?
We all know that the impacts of climate change are becoming more and more evident, with extreme weather events increasing in intensity and frequency. The need to take action on the issue is clear. The global building sector accounts for about one-third of all greenhouse gas emissions, which means that green building practices, are essential for reducing their impact on the environment.
The carbon footprint of a building is the total emissions of CO2 produced during the activities by humans. Whenever a building is designed or constructed, an architect should always attempt to reduce the carbon footprint of the building to make it more environmentally friendly. By building more efficient buildings, we can limit future carbon dioxide emissions.
In recent years, more people have been moving to green buildings for a variety of reasons. To meet the needs of these people and those who are seeking out sustainable buildings in the future, architects have come up with different strategies for creating sustainable buildings. One major concern is making green buildings accessible to everyone - not just those with higher incomes.
Architects have also started thinking about how they can make their green buildings aesthetically pleasing so that more people will want to live or work in them instead. Several design processes can be used to create environmentally friendly buildings, so there is no single one.
So, here we discuss those different ways to make the buildings made carbon-free. Let us understand in brief.
- 1. Don’t construct a new building, reuse the old one: Whenever you are looking for setting up a new business, you will require a place i.e. building. Instead of looking for constructing a new building, efforts should be made to buy already a constructed one or the old one that is already used. It will help in the reduction of 50-75% carbon emissions that result from the building. Of course, a building that is energy-efficient, sustainable, and beautiful has the rewards of making the person’s surroundings green and peaceful.
- 2. Design low-carbon-concrete mixes: The other way to reduce carbon emissions is to lower the carbon-concrete mixes. This can be made by mixing fly ash, slag, calcined clays, and even the lower concrete to make it easier. Access to these resources is very limited, but some efforts can be made wherever feasible.
- 3. Less carbon-extensive materials: Products like aluminum, plastics, and foam insulation contain high properties. But, they are highly useful in the construction of the building. Therefore, these materials should be used within a limit so that their positive and negative effects can be balanced neutrally.
- 4. Reuse the building materials: Building materials such as bricks, metals, broken concrete, and wood can be re-used. Typically, these materials have less carbon emission, and therefore, can be used again as opposed to the new materials which contain high amounts of carbon. Also, since the wood used will be old, therefore it will also help in reducing the activity of deforestation, hence benefitting the environment.
- 5. Using highly recycled materials: Some metals can be recycled very easily. Such kinds of metals should be highly used since these contain carbon five times less than non-recyclable materials.
Take some efforts to reduce the impact of global warming. Save your environment and adopt sustainable solutions.
Netsol Water incorporates the latest technology that conforms to the predefined industrial standards and quality. Therefore you don't have to worry about the quality and services. We are one of the most cost-effective companies committed to preserving water. We deal in commercial RO plant manufacturing, Sewage treatment plants, effluent treatment plants, etc.
Contact us to discuss your requirements. We can be reached at 9650608473, or feel free to leave your query at email@example.com.