How can we maintain our Industrial RO plant system?
The water purification system is very important to our daily life. For any industry that requires pure water, daily maintenance is essential for the normal operation of the entire water purification system. Once the installation and commissioning processes are complete, knowing how to properly maintain daily maintenance is critical to the life of the cleaning system, as well as to the operational efficiency of the system and the water quality. Daily maintenance mainly refers to the maintenance of pre-treatment equipment, reverse osmosis systems, and maintenance of downtime.
PROPER MAINTENANCE OF THE PRE-TREATMENT EQUIPMENT OPTIMIZES THE PERFORMANCE OF THE REVERSE OSMOSIS CLEANING SYSTEM:
1) With the sand filter and activated carbon filter in pre-treatment, the backwash time is determined by the quality of the raw water. If the raw water is clean tap water, the routine backwash time is about a week. If the feed water is groundwater or water from rivers and wells, the period is around 3 days. The backwash process ensures that the sludge, impurities and particles that accumulate in the pre-treatment devices can be discharged in time.
2) To ensure the quality of the inlet water of the reverse osmosis device, the filter element of the safety filter must be replaced if the differential pressure between the inlet and outlet water exceeds 0.06 MPa. The replacement time of the filter element is determined by the quality of the inlet water and the average replacement time is 23 months.
3) The resin tank should not be exposed to the sun.
PROPER MAINTENANCE OF THE REVERSE OSMOSIS SYSTEM AFFECTS THE QUALITY OF THE OUTLET WATER FROM THE PURIFICATION SYSTEM.
1) Routine recording must be performed for all RO device operating parameters. Suggest that the recording can be done once every 2 hours.
2) The reverse osmosis membrane element should be cleaned regularly. The accumulated sediments on the surface of the RO membrane affect the permeability of the membrane. An equivalent cleaning measure according to reverse osmosis membrane chemical cleaning methods can be used for a variety of reasons.
3) Routine inspection of the conductivity meter, various pressure gauges and the PLC system to keep the RO system working normally.
4) Regular inspection of the seawater pump and high-pressure pump and replacing the lubricating oil timely according to the maintenance manual.
PROPER MAINTENANCE DURING DOWNTIME WILL EXTEND THE LIFE OF YOUR WATER TREATMENT SYSTEM:
1) In case of short periods of inactivity of the reverse osmosis device (less than 3 days), the cleaning system must be flushed once every 24 hours and the filtered water must be filled into the reverse osmosis membrane module.
2) For a longer downtime of the RO device (more than 3 days), the RO membrane module should be filled with a 1% concentration formaldehyde solution. All valves should be closed and checked once a month. Mold should be avoided.
3) It is better to use the fresh water from the outlet of the reverse osmosis device as the preservation water of the system, and the formaldehyde solution should be a chemical reagent.
4) If the RO membrane is a composite type and the downtime is more than one week, the RO membrane should be immersed in a NaHSO3 solution with a concentration of 1% to avoid bacterial growth on the surface of the membrane.
Maintenance of the water purification system is a careful process. When done correctly, the water purification system can achieve maximum production efficiency and lower costs.