What are the methods of wastewater screening?
Before wastewater reaches the secondary and final stages of the wastewater treatment facility, solids up to a particular size are removed from the primary source. The type of substance and the amount of waste will determine which screening technique must be used.
Let’s understand the different methods of wastewater screening!
Bar screens, rotary drum screens, and screw screens are the three basic types of wastewater screening systems. We've included these crucial screening techniques below, to help our clients comprehend this procedure:
1. Bar screens
The purpose of bar screens is to filter out big particulates from the wastewater treatment plant. The screens accomplish this by raking the liquid with a bar, comb, or chain.
These screens can be employed in a wide range of industrial settings, including paper mills, food and beverage companies, and slaughterhouses. Since, these devices are frequently customized, your bar screen will typically be unique to your system.
2. Rotating drum screens
Wastewater pipelines are connected to rotary drum screens, which are utilized in wastewater channels. They can therefore be applied to sewage treatment plants as well as factories. These barrels have a revolving screen that filters the solids through an aperture, into a garbage container.
Features of rotating drum screens
1. Constructed of robust, long-lasting stainless steel
2. Minimal maintenance thanks to components that clean themselves
3. Small size
4. A more effective approach of double washing
3. Screw screen filters
Solids and liquids are separated using screw screen filters to avoid system clogs or other problems. The system is made to use an auger to lift the solids, which are then placed in a waste disposal container.
Screw screen filter characteristics
1. The brushes on this screen are attached for self-cleaning
2. Removes a significant portion of solids
3. Easy to maintain
4. Customized for your wastewater treatment systems
Benefits of wastewater screening
The advantages of efficient wastewater screening are numerous. The main benefits include:
1. Less expensive waste disposal: The trash can be dumped as solid waste rather than sludge. This lowers the price of disposing of waste.
2. Less obstructions: Wastewater screening lessens equipment clogging and pipe blockages, extending the equipment's lifespan.
3. Increased capacity & efficiency: By removing obstructions, wastewater screening can dramatically increase a wastewater treatment plant's capacity & efficiency.
4. Less repairs: Wastewater screening essentially lowers the risk of damage to pumps and other system components, saving you time, money, and hassle.
5. Increased convenience: By using wastewater filtering correctly, you can greatly reduce the requirement for engineer attention, and the associated expenditures.
How can we assist?
The presence of big particles made up of debris in urban and industrial wastewater can cause significant clogs, and harm to downstream treatment equipment. But, wastewater screening offers a solution to these problems.
Netsol Water is passionate about transforming the productivity, efficiency, and profitability of wastewater treatment plants, by using our decades of experience and knowledge.
Contact us for a free consultation with a wastewater screening specialist, to determine the ideal option for your company. Call us at +91 9650608473 or email@example.com for more information.