Which is better one Water Softener or Charcoal Filter?
The body requires clean drinking water to function properly. Water plays an important role in maintaining a healthy body, from digestion to waste removal; however, toxins and other additives frequently find their way into waterways, and thus our drinking water.
WHAT ARE CHARCOAL FILTERS?
Charcoal filters are used to remove impurities from water by trapping them in the unique porous structure of charcoal. Charcoal is available in powdered or granular form. The powder is more effective than charcoal granules at removing a higher percentage of total impurities from a water supply.
While charcoal filters are effective at removing solutes from water, they are less effective at killing bacteria and other microorganisms. Even if these pathogens become trapped within the charcoal during filtration, they will remain alive and capable of multiplying, eventually infiltrating the filtered water. As a result, many charcoal filters are enhanced with additional filtration elements such as silver, which is naturally antibacterial, to provide a more complete filtration of the water you use.
BENEFITS OF CHARCOAL FILTER
- DOES NOT REMOVE GOOD STUFF FROM WATER: Because of the chemical composition and structure of activated charcoal, these filters attract and absorb harmful organic compounds while leaving the remaining minerals in the water. Due to the fact that it does not remove all pathogens or microorganisms, charcoal is frequently used in conjunction with another filter.
- MAKES WATER HEALTHIER: To improve the quality of your water, activated charcoal can add important minerals like calcium, magnesium, and iron.
- IMPROVES THE FLAVOUR OF WATER: This is a necessary process to protect public health; however, it frequently means that people avoid drinking tap water, putting themselves at risk of dehydration, or they purchase plastic bottled water, which is bad for the environment.
Charcoal filters not only adsorb these foul-tasting chemicals, but they are also very effective at removing odours, making your drinking water much more pleasant to drink.
- NOT SO EXPENSIVE: Charcoal filters are relatively cheap to manufacture, and the savings are passed on to the consumer.
- EASY MAINTENANCE: Once the charcoal has been used, replacement parts are inexpensive and simple to obtain and install. Every six months, your charcoal water filter should be replaced.
WHAT ARE WATER SOFTENERS?
Water softeners use salt or other chemical compounds that use their natural properties to draw out impurities like calcium and magnesium that cause water to become "harder," leaving scale deposits on surfaces it dries on.
Water softeners are only useful for removing specific impurities from water and have no effect on the sterility of drinking water.
BENEFITS OF WATER SOFTENER
- Hard water has an impact on both the clothes and the environment. It can dry out material in the same way that it can dry out your skin and hair. It can also leave mineral build-up that soap can't quite cut through, giving the impression that your clothes are still dirty.
Because soft water does not leave mineral build-up, your clothes, like your hair and skin, will become fresh and 'healthy' once more. No more washing them twice because they still look dirty, or complaining about their lack of softness.
- All water appliances, such as coffee makers, ice makers, dishwashers, water heaters, and laundry equipment, have their lives extended by using this product.
- Save money on monthly energy costs and appliance repairs.
- Softening systems are adaptable for mixing softened and unsoftened water to produce a lower hardness level.
A water filter is used to treat water that you suspect is not clean enough to drink, whereas a water softener is used to extract scale-causing compounds that a filter may miss. These are two distinct tasks that you will have to deal with in two distinct ways, and they may even be used concurrently. The type of system you believe needs to be installed is ultimately determined by the specific issues with your water.
NETSOL WATER is the top-most manufacturer of all water treatment systems. It ensures that every need of their customer should be fulfilled. As per specific issue of water at your home, Netsol can provide the ideal filters and softeners to resolve your issue.