You might be wondering whether you should replace your water softener, when you recently moved into a new home! In any case, how long do water softeners last? Do they need any kind of upkeep, too? Your investment should last as long as it can.
So, here are some suggestions to increase the longevity and average lifespan of your water softener.
Why are Water Softeners required?
The majority of us in India have extremely hard water because of high levels of calcium and magnesium. Although not harmful, these minerals can dry our skin and hair, leave stains and soap scum on dishes and plumbing fixtures, give our water an "off" flavour, and eventually clog our water heater.
By filtering hard water through resin beads before it is delivered throughout the house, installing a water softener solves these annoyances. Ion exchange caused by the beads changes hard water into soft water.
How durable are Water Softeners?
Depending on the brand and quality you choose, water softeners can last 10 to 20 years. A Netsol Water water softener system can last up to 20 years, compared to the typical lifespan of a single-tank electric water softener, which is up to 12 years. But no appliance lasts indefinitely.
It's probably time for repair if your system is five years old. But if your water softener is more than ten years old, it could be time to replace it. Your chances of correcting a problem and avoiding an expensive failure increase, therefore, it is better to call a professional inspection.
A few easy procedures may keep your water softener in top functioning order, and increase its life by years. You could install your water softener and neglect it until anything seems wrong.
Guidelines for ensuring the longevity and health of your water softener
1. Replace the filter: Your owner's manual can guide you through this procedure. An in-line filter may be used by your water softening system, and it will occasionally need to be replaced.
2. Add Regenerant: Make sure your softeners regenerant never run out. Before water is visible in the softener cabinet or brine drum, refill. Instead of using rock or solar salt, use high-quality cube or pellet. Although it is more expensive, the higher purity results in less residue build-up.
3. To maintain the efficacy of the resin beads in a single tank electric softener, flush the resin bed with water softener cleaning around once a year.
4. Wait until the tank is just 1/3 filled before adding more salt. Leave 4-6 inches (about 1/4 of the tank) empty when you refill.
5. Eliminate any "salt bridges" that have become solidified before adding more salt.
6. Don't exert too much pressure on the softener. Anything higher than the recommended setting will just result in unnecessary wear and tear. If you're unsure, seek counsel from your dealer—especially given how hard the water is where you are.
You can dramatically increase the lifespan of your water softener with just a little work, allowing you to reap the rewards of soft water for a very long time. Making the appropriate decision when choosing a water softener for your home, will assist assure the long life of the appliances. Netsol Water water softeners are designed to give you high-quality water always, without requiring a lot of maintenance.
For better solutions for water and wastewater treatment, we provide a wide variety of items, many of which can be altered to suit the demands of our clients.