Commercial reverse osmosis systems can be specially designed, by Netsol Water Solutions’ to satisfy a range of commercial enterprises. As a commercial company, we are aware that you require the best systems available, which is why we collaborate with each client, to provide high-quality Commercial RO Plants at reasonable costs.
But, before designing Commercial RO Plants, we need to consider many factors. One of the factors is the age of commercial RO plants. So, let’s look at how long do commercial RO Plants last!
How long do commercial RO Plants last?
Consider the following factors when determining the age of your RO Plants, and when to change your RO membrane or other filters used in commercial RO Plants:
· The number of impurities in the incoming water;
· The entering water's hardness, expressed in TDS (total dissolved solids).
What volume of water can your RO plant treat?
The filters and RO membrane will require regular replacement if the water has a lot of pollutants, has a lot of TDS, or you use it a lot.
The replacement interval can vary depending on the type and quantity of filtered water. Depending on how much water you purify and how good or bad the input water is, the sediment filter and carbon filter, among the other pre-filters, should be changed every 6 to 12 months.
This is merely average, therefore we must look at each filter independently to know when to alter them exactly, which will indirectly define their age.
When should your sediment filter be replaced?
· By removing sediment and silt from the water, the sediment filter stops your carbon filter and RO membrane from being blocked too soon. There is no "one size fits all" recommendation for how long it should last, because the amount of silt in the input water varies.
· Since, the sediment filter only costs a few hundred rupees, it's always a good idea to replace it on schedule. It's essential to maintain the pressure pouring into the membrane as high as possible. If the sediment filter isn't changed frequently, dirt will get into the RO membrane and plug it, diminishing its effectiveness and life.
· If you take care of your sediment filter, the carbon filter and RO membrane should last a very long period.
· Our suggestions state that the sediment filter should be replaced at least once a year.
When should your carbon filter be replaced?
· Chlorine and other organic contaminants are removed from the water by the carbon filter, also known as the activated carbon filter. A carbon filter is also used to further filter the water, removing the unpleasant taste and odour.
· The RO membrane's lifespan is shortened by chlorine in the water. The activated carbon filter removes chlorine and other organic impurities, extending the lifespan of the RO membrane. It is crucial to replace the Carbon filter on a regular basis, in order to prolong the life of the RO Membrane and prevent taste and odour in the filtered water.
· We advise changing your carbon filter at least once a year.
When should your RO membrane be replaced?
· The RO Membrane is the most crucial part of any RO plant. The sediment filter and carbon filter only help to prepare the water for the RO membrane, in order to prevent damage to it; the RO membrane itself does all of the work.
· The RO membrane will only need to be replaced after purifying 4,000 to 6,000 liters of water, if the sediment and carbon filters are properly maintained and changed at the recommended intervals.
· The RO membrane may wear out sooner or later depending on the TDS of the input water. Depending on the quantity of water used, the quality of the incoming water, and the effectiveness of the sediment and carbon filters, the RO membrane will need to be replaced.
· Although, we've seen them endure up to five years, RO Membranes normally last for two to three years. Your RO membrane may degrade more quickly if you have really hard water, or if you never clean it.
· The best method for figuring out when to replace your RO membrane, is to check the TDS level of filtered water.
· You'll know your RO membrane is about to fail when the TDS starts to climb. Because, of the potential for unpredictability, we advise replacing the RO membrane every two to three years.
For further information or to make a Commercial RO Plant purchase, please contact us at +91-9650608473 or email@example.com