EC IN PLANTS
The EC measures a compound's ability to conduct electricity based on the number of mineral salts dissolved in it. Controlling the EC (electro-conductivity) of water is therefore a critical consideration for every grower or gardener.
Conductivity measurements are used to control dissolved content in various liquids in a variety of industrial and environmental applications. They're also frequently employed in a variety of industries, including water quality control, boiler water, hospitals, and other industries that rely on water quality.
Depending on the decimals we want you to show us, there are various types of EC measuring instruments available in the market, with a wide variety of prices, all of which are valid and functioning. There are also those that do many activities as well as continuously measure pH and temperature, which are required for usage with various hydroponic techniques.
ELIMINATION OF EC FROM WATER FOR PLANT GROWTH
- HEALTHY ROOTS: Salts are eliminated that are not required in water by lowering EC. This will result in healthier roots since lime scale will not build up in the roots, and they will be able to absorb 100% of the extra nutrients.
- PROTECTION OF SOIL:Beneficial Microorganisms live in soil and protect plant roots by keeping them clean and healthy, allowing them to absorb nutrients and fertilisers to their full potential. When we water our plants with chlorinated tap water, however, the chlorine, which is a chemical, kills the beneficial bacteria in the soil. Chlorine will also harm the sensitive absorption roots of our plants.
- MAINTAINING A pH BALANCED: We create a balanced pH by employing a garden reverse osmosis system to lower the EC of your water, as RO water has a pH of roughly 6,5.
- PROBLEMS RELATED TO GOOD GROWTH CAN BE AVOIDED:Many times, we encounter little issues or challenges with our plants and gardens without realising where they originate (yellow, dry leaves, burnt tips, stunted growth, etc). Many of these issues may be avoided if we start cultivating with low EC water, according to professional growers, because we will know exactly which nutrients and in what quantities our plants are receiving.
- NUTRIENT LOCK OUT MUST BE AVOIDED:Hard water minerals such as calcium and magnesium, often known as limescale, may be present in greater quantities when the EC is high. High concentrations of these minerals, when combined with additional nutrient doses, may BLOCK or saturate plant roots, preventing them from receiving the nutrients, a condition known as "nutrient lock out."
- WATER QUALITY FOR PLANTS: If we choose clean, high-quality, chlorine-free water for our own drinking water, why wouldn't we offer our plants the same water? Plants, too, deserve good water as much as humans deserve!
NETSOL Water reverse osmosis system, eliminates chlorine and helps cut EC by up to 95% by removing mineral salts, heavy metals, herbicides, pesticides, and sediments. We also provide a variety of ultra-pure water options, which are suitable for small and medium growers looking for clean, high-quality water.