Designing a 5000 LPH RO Plant for Hotel
Designing a 5000 LPH Reverse Osmosis (RO) plant for a hotel requires careful consideration of various factors, including the quality of feed water, the required level of water purification, and the operational and maintenance costs.
Here we will see a detailed overview of the design basis, process flow diagram, and working function of a 5000 LPH RO plant for a hotel.
The design basis of a RO plant for a hotel is determined based on the quality of the feed water and the desired level of water purification. In this case, assuming the feed water is sourced from the municipal supply, we can assume a Total Dissolved Solids (TDS) level of around 500 ppm. Therefore, the RO plant should be designed to reduce the TDS level to less than 50 ppm, which is the standard TDS level for drinking water.
The design basis of the RO plant also includes the recovery rate, which is the percentage of feed water that is converted into purified water. For a hotel, a recovery rate of around 75% is recommended, which ensures a balance between water quality and cost-effectiveness.
The factors affecting design are also given below:
· The source and quality of raw water
· The desired quality and quantity of treated water
· The energy consumption and efficiency of the RO plant
· The environmental and regulatory aspects of the RO plant
· The capital and operational costs of the RO plant
Designing an RO plant for a hotel involves several steps, such as:
1. Assessing the water quality and quantity requirements of the hotel.
2. Choosing the appropriate type and size of RO membranes and other components.
3. Selecting the best location and layout for the RO plant.
4. Installing and testing the RO plant and ensuring proper operation and maintenance.
5. Monitoring and controlling the water quality and performance of the RO plant
Process Flow :
The process flow diagram of a 5000 LPH RO plant for a hotel is shown below:
The working function of a 5000 LPH RO plant for a hotel involves a combination of physical, chemical, and biological processes. The key processes involved are as follows:
· Feed water is stored in a feed water tank and pumped to the pre-treatment system
· Pre-treatment system consists of a sand filter, an activated carbon filter and a dosing system to remove suspended solids, chlorine, organic compounds and adjust the pH of the water
· Pre-treated water is pressurized by a high-pressure pump and sent to the RO membrane system
· RO membrane system consists of a pressure vessel and a spiral wound membrane that separates the water into permeate and concentrate streams
· Permeate is the purified water that passes through the membrane and is collected in a purified water tank
· Concentrate is the rejected water that does not pass through the membrane and is discharged to drain or recycled.
· Purified water is further treated by a post-treatment system that includes a UV sterilizer and a mineral cartridge to disinfect and remineralize the water.
· Purified water is supplied to the hotel for various purposes
Designing a 5000 LPH RO plant for a hotel requires careful consideration of the quality of feed water and the desired level of water purification. The process flow diagram of the RO plant involves pre-treatment, high-pressure pumping, RO membrane, reject water discharge, purified water collection, and UV sterilization. The working function of the RO plant involves a combination of physical, chemical, and biological processes that result in the production of high-quality drinking water.
It is important to note that the design of the RO plant should also take into account the operational and maintenance costs. The high-pressure pump, RO membrane, and UV sterilizer require periodic maintenance, and the cost of replacement should be factored into the overall cost of the plant.
Leading manufacturer of sewage treatment plants in India.
Netsol Water is the leading manufacturer, supplier, and exporter of a quality selection of water treatment, and wastewater treatment products in India, by using advanced sewage treatment methods.
RO plants, water softeners, ETPs, STPs, DM plants, AMC, O&M, Ultra filtration, UV, Ozonation, ZLD plants, Anoxic tanks, and other goods and services are available from us. We also provide services to businesses in sectors including automotive, pharmaceutical, textile, pulp & paper, beverages, refineries, schools, hospitals, office buildings, and hotels, among others.
Call us at +91 9650608473 or email at email@example.com for further information.