What are the Basic drinking water treatment technologies?
Water treatment is a procedure that combines many operations, physical, chemical, physicochemical, and biological, with the objective of reducing or eliminating contaminants or undesirable qualities in water.
Obtaining water with the proper characteristics for the intended application is the goal of the water treatment. Due to a lack of drinking water and the expanding needs of the world's population, water treatment is becoming more and more important. Only 2.5% of the planet's total water reserves are fresh water, and only 0.4% of this is suitable for human consumption. Now, let’s look at the basic drinking water treatment technologies.
What information should we gather regarding drinking water treatment technologies?
Coagulation, precipitation, clarification, filtration, disinfection, and other traditional methods of drinking water treatment, are currently employed by the majority of water treatment facilities worldwide. At the moment, conventional treatment methods are used in more than 95% of the water treatment plants in our nation.
Water sources that are used for drinking have some degree of pollution due to the growth of cities and industry. Advanced treatment techniques must be added in order to achieve water quality regulations.
Benefits provided by drinking water treatment products:
The most often utilized advanced treatment technologies include membrane separation technology, ozone oxidation, biological activated carbon, and activated carbon adsorption.
Activated carbon adsorption in drinking water treatment
· It can successfully remove odour-causing chemicals from water, including 2-methylisocamphanol (MIB), etc.
· It has good aromatic compound and pesticide adsorption capacity.
· Additionally, it effectively adsorbs a variety of heavy metal ions, including mercury, hexavalent chromium, cadmium, lead, and others.
· It has good ability to remove mutagenic elements from water.
Technology for drinking water treatment using membrane separation
· A wide spectrum of pollutants can be eliminated without the addition of chemicals.
· The membranes are made up of a variety of substances, including membranes made of cellulose acetate, aromatic polyamide, polysulfone, polypropylene, inorganic ceramic, etc.
· According to the size of the membrane pores, from large to small, high precision membrane filtration is split into four types: microfiltration, ultrafiltration, nanofiltration, and reverse osmosis.
· To produce predetermined separation effects on a variety of particles, including ions, molecules, viruses, bacteria, clay, and sand particles, you can choose different membrane types.
· It has a reliable operation, small equipment, simple automatic control implementation, etc.
Drinking water treatment is crucial for maintaining health and ensuring access to high-quality water, with a wonderful taste. Netsol Water Solutions consistently offers premium water treatment plants that remove impurities, get rid of taste and odour problems, and cut back on bacteria, viruses, and cysts that can spread infection.
Get high-quality Industrial & Commercial RO Plants from Netsol Water!
Netsol Water is a top producer of industrial and commercial water treatment plants and wastewater treatment plants. We provide different products to help you improve your water quality.
All kinds of chemical, physical, and biological impurities can be effectively eliminated, by our water treatment systems. For further information or to make a product purchase, contact us at +91-9650608473 or drop a mail at email@example.com